What is Reflexology?
- A holistic therapy that works on the hands and feet to restore the balance within the whole body.
- In Reflexology, hands and feet are like mini-maps of the whole body, so that the entire body can be stimulated by applying pressure to various reflex points.
- The aim is to stimulate the body’s own healing process in order to keep it in homeostatis i.e. balanced
Benefits of Reflexology
- Relieves stress and tension and has a deep relaxing effect (more than 75% of disease is estimated to be stress related).
- Improves blood circulation consequently increasing the efficiency of overall body functions.
- Improves waste and toxin removal and elimination.
- Helps release trapped nervous energy and improves neural efficiency; more than 7000 nerves are stimulated during a Reflexology session.
- Activates the body’s self healing.
(Refer to FAQs for further details.)